The outsourcing landscape in Continental Europe is substantially different from mature markets such as U.S. and the UK. Even within Europe each country is unique with varying adoption patterns and service provider landscapes.
France is amongst the largest outsourcing services markets in Europe, next only to the UK and Germany in terms of market size. The French economy showed greater resilience, during the economic crisis, and returned to growth sooner than most comparable economies. However, with other major markets returning to growth, French companies are witnessing increased competitive pressure from global peers and initiatives to contain costs and improve efficiency are becoming increasingly important. Consequently, outsourcing and offshoring of services is emerging as a strong lever for French companies seeking to maintain growth and remain competitive in the current economic environment.
In anticipation of the next wave of growth in the French outsourcing market, the service provider landscape is evolving. Service providers are looking to build differentiated capabilities to maximize their market share and success. Against this backdrop, an understanding of the outsourcing market in France is critical for buyers and service providers alike. Buyers need a clear understanding of market trends and service provider capabilities, whereas service providers need to understand demand trends and the competitive landscape, to compete effectively in the marketplace.
SCOPE OF ANALYSIS
- Services: IT applications outsourcing (AO), IT infrastructure outsourcing (IO), Business process outsourcing (BPO)
- Geography: France; analysis of outsourcing transactions originating in France during 2008-2010
- Service providers: Top-10 service providers in the French outsourcing market
This report provides an overview of outsourcing market in France and analyzes the capabilities of the leading service providers in the country. More specifically, French outsourcing market has been analyzed across five key dimensions:
- French outsourcing market size and growth
- Outsourcing adoption trends and transaction characteristics
- Future industry outlook
- Service provider landscape with a deep-dive on capabilities of the top-10 market leaders
- Implications for buyers and service providers in France to capitalize on growth opportunities in the region
Some of the key findings in this report are:
- The outsourcing opportunity in France is substantial, given the country’s large cost base. However, penetration levels are moderate relative to mature markets such as the UK, providing room for prospective growth
- Outsourcing activity in France was not significantly impacted by the global economic downturn. The number of transactions and outsourcing market size remained largely stable given the robust financial sector, relatively insular economy, and the government’s stimulus measures
- The future outlook is positively driven by growing interest/acceptance for global sourcing, and healthy future demand from well-performing sectors such as financial services
- Overall, outsourcing adoption in France is dominated by ITO contracts in government and defense, and manufacturing
- The service provider landscape is diverse, with five categories of service providers targeting the French market: Global majors, European/regional providers, domestic service providers, Indian- heritage providers, and other providers that are primarily focused on offering IT products and network-centric services
- The top-10 service providers in France are feature a mix of European/regional majors, global majors, and a couple of domestic service providers
Analysis of outsourcing transactions in this report is based on Everest’s proprietary Transaction Intelligence (TI) database. TI is the largest and most comprehensive database of outsourcing transactions that contains over 450 IT-BPO transactions announced in France (172 announced during 2008 – 2010).
To purchase the data-set of outsourcing transactions originated in France, please CLICK HERE.