Enterprises seek breakthrough value from their digital transformation initiatives, and rely on their service providers to harness the “power of innovation” to achieve business outcomes. With the changing dynamics of the global services industry, senior executives feel compelled not only to innovate but also to quantify what innovation means, and calculate the Return on Investment (ROI) on innovation. Hence, enterprises need a structured process to codify and drive innovation in collaboration with their service providers.
In this research, we present a detailed analysis of the enterprise perception of innovation in Application Services, based on focused market research with over 100 senior Application Services executives (including CXOs) in North America. Using its proprietary innovation framework, Everest Group assessed the relative importance of different enablers, based on the enterprise perception. This report includes enterprise perception of 13 service providers on their innovation approach and outcomes. Each service provider profile gives a comprehensive summary of their innovation initiatives, key focus areas, and predominant methods used to enable innovation.
Scope of the analysis
This report presents details on enterprise perception of innovation in Application Services, and provides a unique framework for enterprises to formulate their innovation strategy. It also includes enterprise perception of a select group of Application Service providers, specifically, Accenture, Atos, Capgemini, CSC, CGI, Cognizant, Deloitte, HCL, Infosys, IBM, TCS, Tech Mahindra, and Wipro.
The research focuses on innovation in Application Services and includes:
- Key insights into the enterprise’s perception of innovation covering the preferred methodologies and focus areas
- Rating of 13 service providers on their perceived degree of innovation
- Framework to enable a systematic adoption of innovation in Application Services
- Key levers of adoption to systemize and drive innovation
- Service provider assessment based on the enterprise preference covering:
- Service provider evaluation and maturity assessment based on their innovation approach and outcomes
- Profiles of service providers covering their strategic objectives, initiatives to drive innovation, and key challenges faced