The traditional infrastructure services market place is getting impacted by buyer investments in next generation services such as cloud. The demand for automating infrastructure is increasing, thereby, making it essential for buyers and service providers to understand how it will impact their business model. High anti-incumbency levels are being witnessed owing to increased levels of dissatisfaction within the buyer community. All these factors have led to increased competition amongst service providers as they aim to strengthen their capabilities and increase the adoption foot print.
This Everest Group research provides a comprehensive assessment of the leading IT service providers, specifically focusing on their infrastructure services. It also provides an insight into their scale of operations, scope of coverage across the infrastructure services spectrum, domain investments, delivery footprint, and market success.
In this report, we provide the assessment and detailed profiles of 28 IT service providers featured on Everest Group’s PEAK Matrix for enterprise infrastructure services. The Everest Group PEAK Matrix is a composite index of a range of distinct metrics related to a service provider’s capability and market success.
This report provides an assessment of the following IT service providers involved in delivering enterprise infrastructure services: Accenture, Atos, Capgemini, CGI, Cognizant, CompuCom, CSC, Dell, Fujitsu, HCL, HP, IBM, IGATE, Infosys, L&T Infotech, Microland, Mindtree, Mphasis, NIIT Technologies, NTT DATA, Softtek, Syntel, TCS, Tech Mahindra, T-Systems, Unisys, Wipro, and Xerox.
In terms of the services landscape, the scope of this report covers service providers who focus on datacenter, middleware, end-user computing, and helpdesk.
Each profile covers the following aspects for the featured service providers:
- General overview of the provider’s infrastructure service business – scale of operations, overall focus, portfolio of infrastructure services, scale across enterprise infrastructure service areas, and adoption across industry verticals and geographies
- Assessment of the provider’s infrastructure services delivery capability
- Snapshot of the provider’s infrastructure services-related domain investments, including proprietary solutions, partnerships, M&As, and assets
- Examples of recent transactions related to IT infrastructure services
- Leverage of low-cost delivery centers for IT infrastructure services
In addition, the report also highlights the “Star Performers” of 2014, i.e., the service providers with the most improvement (delivery capabilities and market success) on Everest Group’s PEAK Matrix for infrastructure services.
Everest Group has a complimentary four-page PEAK Matrix preview document for this service provider landscape report.